What a Week!!!
1:07 AM | Author: Lauren
Hello! This week is going to be CRAZY!!!! So far the week looks like this:


Monday - Saxophone lesson
Tuesday- Children's Concert (participating, Jazz band is playing)
Wednesday- Piano lesson + Church stuff
Thursday- doctor appt. + Jazz Concert (our official one we are playing for Baylor)
Friday-Sunday - FBC Marlin's DNOW


However my main concern and what I will need my energy for is what is happening this weekend . . . Marlin's DNOW. For those of you that do not know what that is (it's ok, I didn't find out until very recently what a DNOW was), a DNOW is short for Disciple Now, or basically a youth revival. You divide the youth into groups, you have leaders (typically college students), host homes, play games, have Bible study, worship services, and just really spend time with the youth. I am going to be a leader as well as play in the band for the worship service. I have never been a leader in this position before, and I am really hoping and praying that I will do my best and that God will guide me in what to do and say. I am sooo excited to see how He is going to use me, as well as the other leaders. Whoever reads this, please keep this in your prayers. Marlin is a rough kind of town. The youth do not have the nice family support that we have. Many families are involved in drugs or alcohol, and the kids do not get the proper treatment of care in their household. Many of the youth are seeking out God, but struggle since they do not have the foundation at home. They are the "first generation." The same thing happens with school. Many of those kids struggle when with their peers at school. I will post back here when the DNOW is done and let everyone know the outcome. I know that I will come out a new person and that my life will be so changed. Keep the youth in your prayers!!!  I am honestly nodding off as I type this, lol. I have to be ready to play in less than 7 hours, so I need to get my shut eye (which will be very little considering I take a long time getting ready in the morning . . . hehehe, not a morning person). 


God's Blessings,
+~Lauren~+
|
This entry was posted on 1:07 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: