What a Week!!!
6:06 PM | Author: Lauren
 Well, this week has been intense!!! This last week I had everything you could possibly imagine crammed in. I had something huge everyday, all leading up to the weekend of the DNOW. On top of that, I got the stomach virus. In all honesty, I felt that there was some spiritual warfare going on. Since this weekend was supposed to be solely about God and helping the youth find and grow in Him, I felt that I was definitely being tested. I felt the most sick on Friday, which was supposed to be the first day of the DNOW. I had my piano lesson rescheduled for that day and left to come to church right after my lesson was over. But a miracle happened. As soon as I got there and throughout that weekend, I was overflowing with energy and felt well. However, after it was all over, I did feel by body being overcome with exhaustion. It was sooo strange. I told myself leaving Friday that I wasn't going to let that stop me from going to church and helping out by being a leader for the youth. God gave me the strength and energy to do so, and He did the most AMAZING things this weekend. *I will make another post to go into more detail about the DNOW when I have more time*
  And of course, how awesome is it to start the week off (well, second school day) with a SNOW DAY!!! I would have never guessed in a million years that I would experience a snow day in Texas. We Texans tend to make such a big deal when it snows, and people make fun of us for it, but hey, we don't mind. We are just glad to get snow. Here are some pictures:


                                          
Me making the snowman's head
(Jake made the first one collapse)



Dr. Jacobson, my saxophone professor, 
helping us make the snowman


Infront of McCrary looking toward North Village


More of Baylor campus


Awww, what a cute snowman (not the one we made)




Burleson statue in front of Old Main


Old Main



Judge Baylor infront of Pat Neff Hall


Judge Baylor with a snowman
in his lap ; )



Patt Neff Hall




the snow-covered "BEARS" bushes 




Actually, what was really cool about our snow day was this: Dr. Jacobson let us out of sax quartet early. There are two groups of us. Well, and basically the whole sax studio was there, so Dr. J proposed that we get out early to build a snowman. So all of us acting like little kids being so excited about the snow, we all ran outside skipping and yelling with glee and beat Dr. J outside. So naturally, being mischievous, we students hid behind the bushes waiting for Dr. J to come outside and we threw snowballs at him. Then all of us broke out into a snowball fight. When we were pleased with ourselves after that, we focused on building a snowman (of course a saxophonist snowman named Adolph, after Adolph Sax, his eyes and mouth made of saxophone mouthpieces. He did have a neckstrap at one point too.) It was awesome!!! We have the best studio of the whole music school : )
|
This entry was posted on 6:06 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On September 5, 2010 at 11:01 PM , Moriah said...

The pictures of your campus are beautiful Lauren! :-)